The LAN port is a RJ45 connector for wired connection to a local network through a router. Intensive use gradually leads to disruption of the LAN port.
The cause of failure can be:
- damage when dropped, from using a deformed jack;
- oxidation of contacts;
- natural physical wear and tear.
- A few symptoms will directly indicate the unsatisfactory operation of the LAN port:
- there is no Internet connection icon;
- the plug does not fit securely into the connector;
- A stable connection is possible when the plug is pressed in a certain position.
The cost of repairing LAN ports on a laptop depends on the specific situation. During oxidation, it is sufficient to clean the contacts. The cause of the malfunction may be a broken cable or a burnt south bridge. The exact amount of work will be able to indicate in the diagnosis of an experienced master of a computer workshop.
How to change the connector?
For easy access to the connector in many notebook models, you need to remove the motherboard. The replacement process requires knowledge of the pinout of twisted pair wires, special tools and fluxes. Our service center performs quickly, with quality assurance, the restoration of any of the laptops of Asus, Acer, Lenovo, HP, Dell, Samsung and other popular brands.
The list of works includes:
- replacement and repair of LAN connectors on a laptop in Minsk;
- replacement of the power supply mains connector;
- Replace the HDMI connector to connect the video viewer.
In addition, it is possible to repair and configure a wireless router with a WAN port replacement.
Unlike the workshop, self-made diagnostics at home can turn out to be wrong, and repair by yourself will lead to new damages. Do not try to fix the laptop with your own hands – the cost of replacing the LAN ports of the laptop in our service center is democratic, and the result of work will certainly please you.